Prep Time 0 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Total Time 30 mins
As with all of my Zombie apocalypse recipes, every ingredient in this recipe has a very long shelf life so you can be eating delicious food well into the Zombie horror. So, you need some Indian Ghee, tinned brown lentils, tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, a beef stock cube and a whole range of spices. No spices. Really people, have you not been reading about stocking up on the non-essentials to ensure culinary delights in the midst of the zombie mayhem.
- 1 tbsp of Indian Ghee for a great base
- 1 tsp of garlic powder or to your taste
- 1 tin ( 14 oz / 400 gram) diced tomatoes
- 1 sachet / 2 tbsp of Leggo’s tomato base
- 1 beef stock cube for yummy flavour.
- 2 ( 14 oz / 400 gram) tins coconut milk
- 1 tin ( 14 oz / 400 gram) green lentils
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin or to taste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika or to taste again
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder or to taste
- Place the Ghee in to a saucepan over the lowest heat that is possible.
- Add the garlic powder and stir continuously until the Ghee is melted.
- Be very careful because Ghee burns very easily. Keep it on a low heat.
- Tip in the coconut milk and tomatoes and continue on the lowest heat.
- Wait until the mix is simmering softly and leave it for around 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste which will give you the baseline for how it tastes.
- Next add the beef stock cube and stir until it has dissolved in the mix.
- Simmer for around 5 minutes and then add all the spices stirring well.
- Now simmer the mix for at least thirty minutes or until it has thickened.
- Tip in the tinned lentils remembering that they don’t need to be boiled.
- Give it five minutes or so and then adjust the spice levels to your taste.