Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 25 mins
Right now, you’re probably saying to yourself something like, “You’ve got to be kidding me. Perfect pizza during a Zombie apocalypse. No way”. Well, “yes way”. You just need to be prepared for the inevitability of the hoards and then you can make fresh pizza to round of a tough day of zombie killing. True, you’ll run out of pizza ingredients around six months into the Zombie apocalypse. Still, hurrah for six months of pizza.
Heres’ how to be prepared to make a pizza. First off, stock up on pizza bases. I used the Picasso Kitchen Pizza Base which I bought today. It has a shelf life of around a month if you keep it in the fridge. If you have even a medium sized freezer compartment, you could easily freeze ten of these bases to keep you going. Next I used Leggo’s Pizza Sauce which has a shelf life of around two years so no worries on that front.
You’d think that the meat would be a problem but it really isn’t. I used D’orsogna Ham and D’orsogna Salami and each of these products has a shelf life of around a month. I’m not sure they would do well if frozen but if so then stock up on these meats. There are other meats with a much longer shelf life of around 6 months. You could try something like Don Danish Salami or Don Salami Pepperoni or both if you like.
The only question remaining is what to use for toppings. I’m going to allow that you’re unlikely to have fresh mushrooms or fresh peppers during the apocalypse so you’ll need to use tinned mushrooms and something like Always Fresh Capsicum Wood Roasted Piquillo Peppers. The ideal for cheese would be Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus Cheese. This has a limited shelf life so freeze a few blocks of cheddar cheese in reserve.
- 1 (9 oz / 260 gram) Picasso Kitchen Pizza Base
- 1/2 (7oz / 200 gram) jar of Leggo’s Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 (1.5oz / 100 gram) pack of D’orsogna Ham
- 1/2 (1.5oz / 100 gram) pack of D’orsogna Salami
- 1/2 (7oz / 200 gram) tin of chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 ( 2.5 oz / 70 gram) jar Roasted Piquillo Peppers
- 1/4 ( 4oz / 110 gram) pack Italiano Pizza Plus Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius / 390 Fahrenheit.
- Unpack the pizza base and lay it on chopping board.
- Spoon tomato paste into the middle of the pizza base.
- Use a tablespoon to spread the tomato paste evenly.
- Chop up the ham and salami and scatter over pizza.
- Mix mushrooms and peppers and layer over the pizza.
- Finally, sprinkle the cheese across the whole pizza.
- Place in oven and cook the pizza for 12-15 minutes.