Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 20 mins
So, I have said on multiple occasions that preparing for the culinary delights of the Zombie Apocalypse means stocking up on more than the required essentials. Let’s eat well people as opposed to the worst case scenario of eating people. In terms of rather luxurious items, you will need Hot Pot Soup, Shiitake mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts. Each of those ingredients has a really long shelf life so poor on you if you can’t recreate this hot pot mix to add to an oriental pot noodle for the most sumptuous of dinners.
- 1 (4 oz / 110 gram) hot pot clear soup base
- 1/2 (1 oz / 25 gram) Shiitake yay mushroom
- 1 (8 oz / 225 gram) Bamboo shoots of delight
- 1 (8 oz / 227 gram) Water chestnuts crunchy
- 1 (12 oz / 340 gram) Tinned and is salty ham
- 1 (2.5 oz / 70 gram) fake oriental pot noodle
- Soak the dry shiitake mushroom in hot water until soft (10-15 minutes)
- Make sure to keep the water for the next step as you’ll need the flavour.
- Add additional water to the reserved shiitake water to make up 1 litre.
- Put the water in a pot along with the essential hot pot clear soup base.
- Bring the water to the boil and reduce temperature to a slowed simmer.
- Tip in the bamboo shoots, the water chestnuts and chopped tinned ham.
- When everything is cooked and tastes good, tip in the oriental noodles.
- Finish it off with about 2 minutes’ simmering until noodles are cooked.
- And voila you have a fake and yummy Chinese Zombies are dead hot pot.