Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 40 mins
Before the end of times, I would have made this recipe with freshly fried duck breasts. Honestly, duck breast risotto is sumptuous and amazing. But here ware surviving in the Zombie apocalypse and so we have to revert to a tuna based risotto. Admittedly not as good as duck breast risotto but it is still pretty good as long as you have the key ingredients of black olives and capers. If not, poor planning on your part for your final days of being alive.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil which you should stored
- 3 cup chicken stock from hundreds of kept cubes
- Onion flakes to taste because no fresh onions
- 1/2 cup white wine essential at the end of times
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice from your large rice stock
- 1 (14 oz / 400 gram) can of Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz / 425 gram) can tuna, drained and flaked
- As much Italian herbs as you need to make it taste
- I/2 Jar (7.5 oz / 215 gram) black surviving olives
- 1/2 jar (4oz / 15 grams) capers that you stocked
- 6 slices of Kraft Singles Cheese due to apocalypse
- Bring stock to the boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover, and keep warm by covering it with tin foil if you though far enough ahead to stock up on tin foil.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Sauté the dried onions for 3-4 minutes until they go soft. Don’t use a medium heat or you will burn the dried onions.
- Stir in wine and cook, 1-2 minutes, until the wine starts to evaporate. Add rice and cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes, until the rice grains start to become translucent.
- Add 1 cup of stock to the rice, stirring often, until the rice absorbs the liquid. This is both an art and a science. Good risotto means capturing the rice at the right moment.
- Continue adding remaining stock, 1 cup at a time, allowing it to absorb, until the rice is just tender and creamy. Likely around 20 minutes but you be the judge.
- Stir through tomatoes and the tuna on a very low heat because you do not want to over cook the rice. Basically get the whole mixture to a medium temperature.
- Add the capers and the black olives until you get the balance that you like with the dish. Season with the Italian herbs to taste. Serve topped with Kraft Cheese Slices.