Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 20 mins
I’ve lived in four different countries and travelled the world extensively. This recipe is really just an amalgam of different cuisines from around the world. Maple syrup glazed spam from the United States or perhaps Canada. Noodles and seaweed from Asia. Perfectly cooked scrambled eggs from the United Kingdom. Combine all of those ingredients and you have Zombie apocalypse yumminess. This recipe is for one person but if you have a surviving buddy you can easily increase the quantities to serve for two people.
And now for an alternative version. I used Maggie Chicken Noodles which come in a packet. However, you can simplify the recipe by using Pot Noodles that are prepared in the container that they come in. If you take this route then you can just add the boiling water to the pot noodles, cover and cook everything else that’s in this recipe whilst the noodles self cook. Then you just add the the eggs to the pot noodles followed by the Spam and you top it all off with the seaweed and by drizzling on the mayonnaise sauce. It’s a simpler way to go and tastes the same.
- 1 (2.5 oz / 74 gram) pack Maggie Chicken Noodles
- 1 tsp of Canadian Pure Maple Syrup not fake stuff
- 2 (1 0z / 30 gram) diced slices of yummy Spam
- 2 large eggs gathered from your egg laying hens
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (especially Hellman’s)
- 2 tsp of Sesame Oil which you should have handy
- 1/4 teaspoon light soy sauce for health reasons
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder from your full spice rack
- 2 sheets of any kind of roasted seaweed snacks
- Maggie noodles are two minute noodles so you’ll want to be cooking those last. In preparation, boil your kettle with water so that you are ready for the two minute cooking time.
- Put 1 tsp of the Sesame Oil into small non-stick frying pan and heat on a low heat until t he oil is hot. Coat the spam in the maple syrup and fry in the pan until both sides are sticky sweet.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl until the yolks and white are combined. Put 1 tsp of the Sesame Oil into small non-stick frying pan and heat on a low heat until t he oil is hot.
- Tip in the egg mixture and use a soft spatula to move the mixture around so that you end up with large curds of egg. It’s a mix between scrambled eggs and an omelette.
- The Spam and eggs can “sit” and wait whilst you cook the noodles as per directions for two minutes. Once cooked, transfer the noodles to a serving bowl.
- Next lay the seaweed on top of the pot noodle mixture and use a spoon to immerse it a little way into the broth. Leave for a minute or so to soften the seaweed.
- Tip the scrambled eggs onto the noodles and then put the Spam on top of the egg mixture. And now for the Zombie Apocalypse genius of this recipe.
- In a small dish, stir together the mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, soy sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and transfer to a small zip-top bag with the tiniest bit of its corner cut off.
- Drizzle the mayonnaise mix over the top of the noodle mixture coating evenly until all of the mayonnaise mix is used up. And there we have it. Apocalypse awesomeness.