Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Total Time 50 mins
When I think about the Zombie apocalypse I try to imagine foods that I would miss the most. One of those would be the good old “Chilli Dog”. So I put a fraction of my mind to a recipe that would at least approximate the experience of eating a really good Hot Dog with chilli.
This is what I came up with for something approximating the deliciousness of the real thing. It’s important to marinade the franks in the chilli so that the Franks take up the chilli flavour. It’s also important to be prepared. Nacho chips have a six month shelf life so stock up on them.
As for the cheese and the sour cream, well Kraft cheese has a pretty long shelf life. Not so much with the sour cream so let’s assume that we are in the early days of Zombie carnage and you’ve stocked up on sour cream that has a shelf life or a month or so. Early days of eating well.
- 1 tin ( 15 oz / 425 gram) of Stagg so yummy Chilli beef
- 1 tin ( 14 oz / 400 gram) red kidney so good tasty beans
- 1/2 jar ( 4.5 oz / 125 gram) Old El Paso hottish Jalapenos
- 1/2 pack ( 3 oz / 85 gram) Doritos Nacho Cheese Chips
- 6 slices (4.5 oz / 128 gram) Kraft Single Original Chopped
- Heinz tomato ketchup in a squeezy tube for drizzling on
- Masterfoods American mustard in a squeezy tube taste
- 1/2 tub (100 ml) of Bulla Sour Cream to top it all tasty
- The night before you want to eat this dish, tip the Chilli, red kidney beans and Jalapenos into a bowl and leave them to marinade.
- Tip the mix of wonderfulness into an oven proof dish and then set the oven to 350 degrees Celsius, 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover the dish with tin foil and place in middle of oven. Keep an eye on the oven and remove the dish when it is bubbling away.
- Cover with the Nachos and the cheese and place back into the oven. Watch until the cheese is melted and brown at around 10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and take off the tin foil. You should be seeing crispy delight. Drizzle with tomato sauce and mustard to your taste.
- Finally serve it with the sour cream and enjoy the awesomeness of the end of the world Chilli Dog dish to take you away from your pain.