Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 25 mins
Cooking is an art as much as it is a science. Take this recipe for example. You can make the recipe according to the instructions and you’ll get a medium sweet and sour sauce. After that it is up to you. You can add additional Chilli sauce to make it hotter or you can add more sugar to make it sweeter.
If it’s a full on Zombie killing day then follow the instructions but instead of the stove top method, put everything into a slow cooker on a medium heat for around 6 hours. The result will be yummy deliciousness that will make you glad that you are still alive when you return from killing.
- 1 (14 oz / 400 gram) tin cocktail franks
- 1 (15 oz / 430 gram) tin pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/2 cup Master Foods Chopped Chillis
- 1/4 cup CSR premium brown sugar
- 2 tbsp bottled lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Hot Chilli Sauce
- Open the tin of cocktail franks, drain the liquid and set aside.
- Open the tin of pineapple chunks and set aside to mix later.
- Tip the 1/2 cup of chopped Chilli into a large measuring jug.
- Add the sugar, lemon and Worcestershire sauce and mix it up.
- Tip in the pineapple chunks with juice and stir thoroughly.
- Leave the sauce to blend for 30 minutes, then tip in the Franks.
- This recipe should make a medium level sweet and sour sauce.
- Adjust to you liking by adding more sugar or more Chilli sauce.
- Simmer the sweet and sour Franks on a low heat for 30 minutes.