Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 15 mins
I come from a very dysfunctional family and so I wouldn’t really mind if they got eaten up by Zombies. The exception to my dysfunctional family is my grandmother, long since deceased and so not to be eaten by Zombies. My grandmother spoiled me rotten as a child. She was also an amazing old school English cook who created many amazing meals including her Sunday roasts. Legendary, at least in my mind. This is one of her more straightforward recipes. Essentially it’s scrambled eggs mixed with tomato and served on some delicious toast. I think that by now we have established that preparing for the Zombie apocalypse includes having laying hens and a bread maker. If you have both then you are good to go.
- 6 large eggs freshly collected from your laying hens.
- 2 tbsp of quality olive oil to fry eggs and tomatoes.
- 1 ( 14 oz / 400 gram) tin of Annalisa Italian tomatoes.
- 2tbsp / 1 sachet of Leggo’s tomato paste or more.
- 4 tsp of sliced black olives or more or less to your taste.
- 2 tsp of Always Fresh Capers in vinegar or our brand.
- 1 tsp Italian herbs to add some flavour to the mix.
- 1tsp garlic powder also to add some flavour to it all.
- 4 slices homemade bread for toasting to your liking.
- Olive oil for the toast as butter will be in short supply.
- Crack the six eggs into a bowl and whisk until yolks and eggs are combined.
- Heat the olive oil over a super low heat and add 1 tsp of the whisked eggs.
- Once the mixture sizzles, add the eggs to the pan and stir until they start to set.
- Tip in half of the canned tomatoes and stir until the mixture blends together.
- Add the Leggo’s tomato paste until you get the richness that you are after.
- Add the Italian herbs and the garlic powder and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Add the black olives until you get the taste that you are really after in the end.
- Add the 2 tsp of Always Fresh Capers in vinegar to get a tart balance to it all.
- Now the choice is yours as you can add more tomatoes if it’s to your liking.
- You also have the choice of herbs and garlic to perfect the recipe to your taste.
- Toast the bread and drizzle with olive oil to make it taste super superb yummy.
- Serve the bread on a white plate and pour the eggy-mato mix over the toast.