Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 15 mins
I know. I know. It’s the Zombie apocalypse and so eating salmon patties just seems so excessively indulgent. But that is the whole point of this blog. All of these ingredients can be stocked and stored for years. Well, except the eggs but really you should have got in laying hens ahead of the end of the world. Failure to do so just means a lack of planning on your part. No hens, then you will need to find another binding agent. I’d suggest a modicum of honey.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (surely you have oil on hand)
- 1 (14.75 oz / 400 gram) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 eggs, beaten (assuming that you have laying hens)
- 1 tsp onion powder (easy if you did in fact plan ahead)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (really you don’t have it)
- 1/2 pack (4 oz / 110 gram) Panko so good breadcrumbs
- A relish of your choice for serving, perhaps something tangy
- Pour the oil into a frying pan and set on a low heat.
- Mix the salmon, egg, onion powder and black pepper.
- Form the salmon into 2 oz / 55 gram patties of delight
- Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate and coat the patties.
- Fry each patty for 5 minutes or until golden yum brown.
- Serve and spoon on the tangy relish that’s your choice.