Prep Time 0 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 20 mins
It is so easy to stock up on the ingredients for this curry that it is just not funny. Basically every ingredient has a 2-3 year shelf life and if you plan ahead you will have everything you need for a mouth watering creamy coconut curry. Once again it is the details that matters. Sure you could just chuck tinned chickpeas and tinned mushrooms into a jar of curry sauce but how much better is it if you have some coconut cream, desiccated coconut, natural yoghurt and Pappadums on hand. Oh and of course the spices. The answer is that is just so much better and at only 20 minutes cooking time, you’ll have plenty of time to keep killing the Zombie hordes.
- 1 jar (16 oz / 450 gram) Patak’s Korma Creamy Coconut Sauce
- 1 tin (14 oz / 400 gram) chick peas
- 1 tin (14 oz / 400 gram) mushrooms
- 1 tin (14 oz / 400 gram) lentils
- 1/2 tin (200 ml) coconut milk
- 2 oz / 50 grams desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
1 Pack (2.5 oz / 75 gram) Patak’s Ready to Eat Pappadums
- Pour the coconut sauce into a medium sized saucepan. Drain the chick peas, mushrooms and lentils and add the to the curry sauce.
- Heat over a mild heat for 20 minutes or so and see how it is tasting for you. Medium, mild, sweet, you decide on the flavour.
- Add the coconut milk and the desiccated coconut and do another taste test. Creamy, milky. You decide because the spices are next.
- The spices should be added according to the order in the ingredients. Smell each spice and decide what flavour it is going to add.
- If you add aligned with my recommendations they will have a sweet and spicy curry with layers of flavours.
- Pappadums and yoghurt and if you have it, mango chutney because it is that las little taste that adds to the deliciousness.