Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 25 mins
I know you’re probably thinking that no one will have these ingredients come the Zombie apocalypse. OK, perhaps not many people will have these ingredients but I will be one of them which means that I will be able to make an amazing crispy tuna bake topped with cheese and Panko breadcrumbs.
If the end is nigh and you don’t have everything you need to make this recipe, don’t worry. Panic shoppers don’t stock up on olives, capers and mushrooms. They also don’t stock up on tuna which makes no sense as it is high in protein, low in fat and generally very good for you. Go shopping whilst you still can!
- 1 jar ( 18 oz / 500 gram) Leggo’s 3 cheese sauce pasta bake
- 2 tins ( 9.5 oz / 370 gram) of Safcol responsibly fished tuna
- 1/2 jar (7.5 oz / 215 gram) sliced black olives
- 1/2 jar (4 oz / 115 gram) capers
- 1 tin ( 14 oz / 400 gram) sliced or whole mushrooms
- 1/2 pack (4 oz / 110 gram) Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg as long as you have laying hens
- 6 slices ( 4 oz / 108 gram) Kraft cheese slices
- Tip the Leggo’s 3 cheese sauce into a saucepan and heat on a low temperature.
- Add the two cans of tuna and use a fork to break the tuna apart / mix with the sauce.
- Once the sauce is simmering tip in the olives, capers and drained tinned mushrooms.
- Turn your oven on to 180 degrees Celsius / 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Break the egg into a bowl and whisk it using a fork until white and yolk are blended.
- Tip in the Panko breadcrumbs and use your hands to rub the breadcrumbs into the egg.
- Pour the pasta sauce into an oven proof dish and layer the cheese on top of the sauce.
- Spread the breadcrumbs over the pasta bake and place on middle shelf in the oven.
- Cook for 15 or 20 minutes until the bake is bubbling and the breadcrumbs are brown.