Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
This is one of those recipes where you’ll be glad that you stocked up on the luxuries of life. Sure spaghetti spam tastes pretty good but it is amazing if you can can add black olives and capers. If you can, then don’t feel bad about it. The fact is that your neighbours, for whatever reason, just did not get on board with the potential culinary delights of the Zombie apocalypse
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- 1 tin (10 oz / 300 gram) Spam
- 1 tin (14 oz / 400 gram) diced Italian Tomatoes
- 1 tin (14 oz / 400 gram) sliced mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups pasta sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 sugar
- I/2 Jar (7.5 oz / 215 gram) black olives
- 1/2 jar (4oz / 115 grams) capers
- Add the oil, garlic and onion to a frying pan and heat over a low heat. Don’t ever let it get high our you’ll burn the oil and the spices.
- Add the Spam to the oil, garlic and onion and fry softly for around 10 minutes so that the Spam takes up the flavour of the spices.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and mushrooms and simmer gently for around 20 minutes. Taste as you go to see if it needs more garlic.
- After the 20 minute point, add salt and sugar to taste. I would say more sugar because of the saltiness of the spam. Take your pick.
- Finally tip in the black olives and the capers. I’ve recommended some amounts but it is entirely up to you. More olives, more capers.
- Follow the instructions for cooking the spaghetti and then serve it onto the plates. Add the Spaghetti Spam to the spaghetti . Voila.