Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
This is another one of those recipes where you really need to stock up on the luxuries of life. In this case, you need a stock of Old El Paso Hot Jalapenos both for this recipe and for a host of other recipes that I will share with you over time. It’s the Jalapenos that add the bite to this soup. Add as many or as little as you like. The rest of the spices will sit in the background as the underlying taste to the soup. The other main point is that you can adjust the quantities depending on whether you want a soup or more of a chill. I prefer the soup but you can add 2 tins of chill to create more of a Chilli Con Carne to serve with rice.
- 1 (15 oz / 425 gram) tin of Stag Chilli
- 1 (15 oz / 425 gram) red kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz / 425 gram) tin diced tomatoes
- 3 cups of beef stock made to directions
- 2 desert spoons of Chilli powder
- Old El Paso Hot Jalapenos to taste
- Place the Stag Chilli into a pan. Rinse the red kidney beans and add to the chilli. Tip in the tomatoes and the beef stock.
- At this point you decide how you want the soup to taste. Add chilli powder 1 Tbsp at a time and taste each time. Is it strong enough?
- Simmer for around 15 minutes but do not over do it. If you cook for too long then the beans will become mush. Taste and add Jalapenos.
- Here is something that is true of all cooking. This recipe provides you with a baseline. You decide how you want it to actually taste.