Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
There’s the ideal way to make this soup and then there’s the Zombie apocalypse way to make this soup. The Zombie apocalypse method really is pretty good because you’re going to end up with a rich and creamy soup that will remind you of what life used to be. A little more decadent perhaps but then you have to prepare some of those luxury items. In this case, tinned coconut cream and croutons. I can guarantee you that when supermarkets impose purchasing restrictions, they will not be limiting coconut cream or croutons. So go ahead and use that six figure income to stock up on life’s non essentials. Seriously, who wants to be existing at the end of time with the masses who are eking out their days on baked beans?
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 jar red peppers, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1( 15 oz / 425 gram) tin tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 (15 oz / 425 gram) tin kidney beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz / 425 gram) tin pinto bean , rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz / 425 gram) tin black-eyed bean , rinsed and drained
- 2 x 400 ml tins of coconut cream
- 2 tbsp of lime juice
- 15 oz / 425 grams of croutons
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Sizzle the peppers, and garlic powder for 5-8 mins until soft and fragrant. Add the thyme, curry powder and spices, then cook for 1 min more. Stir in the tinned tomatoes, then cook for 10 minutes more to infuse the flavour.
- Crumble in the stock cube, then tip in all the beans and the coconut milk. Simmer for 10 mins. Turn off the heat and stir in the lime juice. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Ladle into bowls and scatter with the crispy croutons just before serving.