Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 40 mins
I have mentioned in a number of posts that I am a meat eater. I mean that I eat meat and that vegetables and salads are there to the extent that they add a bit of texture and flavour. And so, here’s a delicious way to cook up some SPAM® Classic, tinned meat that will quite literally last for years. I’ve given the option of coating the SPAM® Classic with honey as the coating for the breadcrumbs. Think about it. Why not? We have honey glazed ham so why not honey glazed SPAM® Classic.
- 1 (12-ounce / 340 gram) can SPAM® Classic
- 2 eggs or if in apocalypse 4 Tbsp of honey
- 3-oz / 95 grams of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp of Vegetable oil for good frying
- 1 (10 oz / 300 gram) tin Heinz Baked Beanz
- This comfort food recipe is so simple that it is ridiculous. First, slice the SPAM® Classic into six slices.
- Whisk the two eggs together or if in Zombie apocalypse use 4 Tbsp of honey for the same purpose.
- Dip the spam in the egg mixture and coat until it is covered or coat the spam evenly with the honey.
- Spread the Panko breadcrumbs on a plate and turn the spam until it is coated with the breadcrumbs.
- Put the Heinz Beanz into a small saucepan and heat over a low heat to be ready when spam is fried.
- Heat the oil on medium until it is hot enough for the spam to sizzle when it is added to the frying pan.
- Fry the SPAM® Classic for about 4 minutes a side or until the breadcrumbs are super, super crispy.
- Dish it all up and you’ll have crispy and oily fried spam with Heinz Beanz to offset the fried yum spam.