Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 0 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
My general contempt for the masses is, I believe, reasonably clear but truly they really are so unthinking. I had a pretty strong inkling that Covid was going to become a pandemic with severe consequences and as soon as I realized this fact I began to stock up on essential items. This was well before panic shopping set in.
Whilst the panic shoppers bought up fresh meat, fresh vegetables and toilet paper, I stocked up on tinned meats, tinned fish, tinned beans, tinned vegetables, pasta and pasta sauces of all varieties. I also stocked up on “luxury food items” such as herbs , spices, vinaigrette dressings, black olives, sun dried tomatoes, bottled red peppers, jalapenos and capers.
The result of my endeavours is that I am now able to make a whole range of flavourful dishes that make best use of those luxury food items. This recipe is one of those dishes. I obviously make use of my tinned beans and tinned corn but I also have bottled jalapenos and red peppers, onion flakes and vinaigrette dressing to add to the flavour of this bean salad.
So, is there a lesson to be learned here? Yes, I believe that there something that we can learn. You can’t eat toilet paper and you can very easily live without it. And whilst you could survive by mixing up tins of beans, that would get horribly boring in no time at all. Stock up on “luxury items” people and live the end of times with some style.
- 1 (15-oz / 425) gram can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz / 425) gram can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz / 425) gram can corn drained
- Jarred red bell pepper added to your liking
- Jarred jalapenos added to your liking
- 1 Tsp dried onion flakes / more if needed
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Combine all of the salad ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add the balsamic vinaigrette dressing in stages to your taste but likely up to a maximum of 4 Tbsp. Stir thoroughly after each addition. And voila, that’s it for a tasty bean salad.