Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Seriously people, how hard is it to prepare for this meal. Everything in the recipe has an incredibly long shelf life and you can be creative to your hearts content in terms of the spices and vinegars that you use. Just note that tinned spam is salty so the pineapple works well in terms of reducing the salt taste. Maybe add some pineapple juice to the rice ahead of mixing together all of the ingredients. If you’re craving some vegetables then add in a tin of carrots or peas to satisfy your longings. As per previous advice, watch out for your neighbours who, by now, will have degenerated into marauding monsters. Shoot on site.
- 1 (12-ounce / 340 gram) can SPAM® Classic
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Cup of rice
- 2 Cups of water
- Balsamic vinegar
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook SPAM® Classic with pineapple, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and garlic powder 6 to 8 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Boil water and add the rice stirring all the time until the water boils again. Turn down and simmer the rice for around 20 minutes or until semi-soft.
- Rinse cooked rice with boiled water and add it to the SPAM mixture. If the mixture is a little dry, add a little more water and top up on your spices if needed.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar to add an extra bit of bite of to the meal. Alternatively think of the flavour that you would most enjoy and get creative with your dressings.