Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 40 mins
So, it’s the end of days with the Zombie apocalypse in full swing. Although lengthy, 40 minutes cooking should be a joy in your tedious days. Afterall, what else will you be doing? Keeping watch for Zombies, killing Zombies and generally trying to stay alive.
Looking at the ingredients, you might wonder about the shelf life of cheese and butter. The reality is that you can get cheese and butter with a pretty long shelf life so you should be good for the first six months of the zombies trying to feast upon your flesh.
Spices are, of course, a luxury but they also have a really long shelf life so stock up on them. I don’t mean stock up on them when the next pandemic is announced. Come on people, do a little pre-planning. Spices are the difference between bland and flavourful.
Remember that the rule of law will most likely have broken down so best to try to keep those delicious fragrances to your self. Alternatively, get a Doberman and a shotgun and just shoot anyone who tries to invade your property to steal your delicious dinner.
- 1 (12 oz / 340 gram) can SPAM® Classic, diced
- Easy Mac Macaroni for four people
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 pound / 220 grams processed cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 400°F / 200o Celsius
- Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole pan
- Make Easy Mac Macaroni for four people
- Stir together SPAM® Classic and Easy Mac Macaroni
- Blend in salt, mustard, black pepper, and cayenne
- Add the cheese and cook, stirring until it’s melted
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter, then stir in breadcrumbs
- Add more paprika to the breadcrumbs to your liking
- Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake 20 to 25 minutes